I am off to PNBA! What's PNBA? you ask -- posted 9/6/2009
September 7, 2009This week I am invited to attend this year's version of the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) in Portland -- September 10-12. For independent bookstores, this is the big event of the year where they get to share, explore and commiserate. It's a ho-down and I am excited that I will be attending.
I know for many well-established authors this might be old hat. However, for moi, it's all fresh and frankly, I am excited. I have had the opportunity to meet many independent book store owners throughout Washington and Oregon and it will be good to renew these acquaintances. I am still surprised that many book stores in Oregon and Washington have not heard of the WineTrail guidebooks. Or, if they do carry one of the books, they are unaware that there is a book for Oregon or one for Washington. It will also be nice to connect with Idaho booksellers -- after all, I am going into production on the WineTrails of Idaho book this month and a little advance publicity is always a good thing.
Thursday night is the so-called Nightcapper Autographing Party where 20 Northwest authors are in attendance to sign books, kiss babies and generally press the flesh. I am honored to be one of the 20 and I hope to get a chance to visit with other authors and discover their secrets for writing success. Finally, let me just say one other little tid-bit...the Holiday Brochure which features Northwest titles produced by the PNBA is going out to hundreds of booksellers throughout the Northwest. This nicely-done catalogue features a few books on the cover including the WineTrails books for Oregon and Washington.
After the PNBA bash, I am taking my 20-year old daughter (home from college) to the Oregon coast for father-daughter bonding time. Meg is helping me on the WineTrails of Idaho book and we'll use that time to go over final edits and decide on photos for the book. I promised not to drag her to tasting rooms while on vacation but I might have to sneak in a few...
- Book Signing at Garfield Books --PLU
- WineTrails of WA -- 2nd Edition to printer!
- Brian Cantwell Nails Washington Wine Country
- Beyond Tuscany's Hilltop Towns
- Does anyone know where to buy Croatian wine?
- WineTrails of Washington App Ready for Android
- Wine Notes for your listening pleasure
- Shoot, here I thought I'd live forever
- Washington App Nears Launch
- What is the WineTrails guy doing?
- 2011 Sun Valley Wine Auction Gets Big Boost
- Register to get free newsletter!
- Amy Mumma at URBAN Enoteca -- Save the Date!
- 2012 Italy Tour Itinerary and Cost
- Good time at Coyotes in Caldwell!
- Walla Walla -- The App!
- Wine Country goes URBAN
- Sign up for Newsletter
- An Open Letter to Washington State Wineries
- Woodinville Revisited
- Happy Holidays to All!
- E.B. Foote For Sale
- Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Urban Enoteca
- WineTrails Gift Basket -- Sound Easy?
- Walla Walla Revisited
- WineTrails of Walla Walla is Here!
- Wines of the World
- WineTrails Gift Baskets on the Horizon
- Hat's off to Evening Mag!
- Hey, Did You Know...
- Evening Magazine Appearance -- Wed, Oct 13, 7 pm
- WineTrails of Walla Walla -- This Baby is Kicking
- Yakima Valley Here I Come Again!
- Italy Still On My Mind
- On to Yakima Valley
- Italian Wine Touring - Get to Know the Whole Family
- Goodbye Italy..Ciao Ciao
- Mas de la Lionne - Paradise Found
- Europe ... here we come!
- Facebook Video
- Weird Tasting Rooms
- Bend Newspaper Highlights WT of Oregon
- Back from Savor Idaho
- Camaraderie Cellars Bound!
- Working on Walla Walla Book--Furiously!
- New Website -- What do you Think?
- See you at Taste Washington 2010!
- Working on Walla Walla!
- WineTrails of Idaho -- At The Press!
- A Thief in Woodinville: Boycott Fortunato's
- I'm Getting Hitched!
- I am off to PNBA! What's PNBA? you ask -- posted 9/6/2009
- WineTrails of Idaho -- I've Seen the Cover!
- I Woke Up in Chelan!
- WineTrails of Idaho -- Completing the Trilogy
- WineTrails of Oregon - Houston we have lift off!
- WineTrails of Oregon -- Ready for shipment (almost)
- WineTrails of Oregon Goes Into Labor!
- I am head down working on Oregon book!
- Rogue Valley Wine Country -- 100 degees and Delicious!