December 17, 2010Although San Francisco's Press Room got out of the gates with a similar concept, Seattle's new Urban Enoteca might take it a step further. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of stopping by and sampling this south Seattle mega-wine tasting oasis. With 7 wineries (including McCrea Cellars, Cote Bonneville, Fielding Hills, Fidelitas, Kiona, Cave B and Five Star Cellars) you can see that most of the winery representatives hale from east of the Cascades. Translation: you don't need to brave Snoqualmie Pass in winter when you can camp by a lovely fireplace and experience multiple wineries under one roof.
And quite a roof it is.
This ain't your ordinary tasting room. Au contraire. This is as they say, a "tasting center" complete with comfy chairs, couches and friendly pouring staff. (Even a concierge desk that welcomes sojourners.) Think barrel staves and brass meet urban loft.
Truth be told, I was there for reconnaissance since I am writing an article for Washington Tasting Room magazine. Now I have the enviable task of interviewing the owner/brainchild of this venture, Terry Thompson, as well as the folks that bring their delicious wines to this venue. Oh well, tough duty but maybe I can squeeze a pour or two out of it.
Check it out. Really. Plug in 4130 First Avenue S, Seattle, WA into the GPS and discover this little touch of heaven in Sodo. It’s an urban enoteca at its finest.
- Book Signing at Garfield Books --PLU
- WineTrails of WA -- 2nd Edition to printer!
- Brian Cantwell Nails Washington Wine Country
- Beyond Tuscany's Hilltop Towns
- Does anyone know where to buy Croatian wine?
- WineTrails of Washington App Ready for Android
- Wine Notes for your listening pleasure
- Shoot, here I thought I'd live forever
- Washington App Nears Launch
- What is the WineTrails guy doing?
- 2011 Sun Valley Wine Auction Gets Big Boost
- Register to get free newsletter!
- Amy Mumma at URBAN Enoteca -- Save the Date!
- 2012 Italy Tour Itinerary and Cost
- Good time at Coyotes in Caldwell!
- Walla Walla -- The App!
- Wine Country goes URBAN
- Sign up for Newsletter
- An Open Letter to Washington State Wineries
- Woodinville Revisited
- Happy Holidays to All!
- E.B. Foote For Sale
- Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Urban Enoteca
- WineTrails Gift Basket -- Sound Easy?
- Walla Walla Revisited
- WineTrails of Walla Walla is Here!
- Wines of the World
- WineTrails Gift Baskets on the Horizon
- Hat's off to Evening Mag!
- Hey, Did You Know...
- Evening Magazine Appearance -- Wed, Oct 13, 7 pm
- WineTrails of Walla Walla -- This Baby is Kicking
- Yakima Valley Here I Come Again!
- Italy Still On My Mind
- On to Yakima Valley
- Italian Wine Touring - Get to Know the Whole Family
- Goodbye Italy..Ciao Ciao
- Mas de la Lionne - Paradise Found
- Europe ... here we come!
- Facebook Video
- Weird Tasting Rooms
- Bend Newspaper Highlights WT of Oregon
- Back from Savor Idaho
- Camaraderie Cellars Bound!
- Working on Walla Walla Book--Furiously!
- New Website -- What do you Think?
- See you at Taste Washington 2010!
- Working on Walla Walla!
- WineTrails of Idaho -- At The Press!
- A Thief in Woodinville: Boycott Fortunato's
- I'm Getting Hitched!
- I am off to PNBA! What's PNBA? you ask -- posted 9/6/2009
- WineTrails of Idaho -- I've Seen the Cover!
- I Woke Up in Chelan!
- WineTrails of Idaho -- Completing the Trilogy
- WineTrails of Oregon - Houston we have lift off!
- WineTrails of Oregon -- Ready for shipment (almost)
- WineTrails of Oregon Goes Into Labor!
- I am head down working on Oregon book!
- Rogue Valley Wine Country -- 100 degees and Delicious!