WineTrails of Idaho -- At The Press!
November 6, 2009It's done. Yes, indeed after months in the incubator WineTrails of Idaho is off to Consolidated Press (Seattle) for printing. It will have the same footprint (6 by 9 inches) as the other WineTrails editions and you will notice a similar look and feel as the other books thanks to Lisa Pettit (Lisa Pettit Designs) BUT with one big difference. It's skinny! Kinda cute in a way. WineTrails of Idaho checks in at a not-too-hefty 112 pages. Well, with only about 40 bonded wineries in Idaho and just 33 open to the public you can understand why.
The release date is December 1st -- just in time for the Holidays!
But I must say, I am very proud of this book. I discovered some incredible wineries, met some amazing people and quite frankly quite stumbled on some lovely wine. Perhaps Idaho will always be the little bro' of Washington and Oregon but they do have great vitality. For sure, the Snake River appellations is alive and well...must see.
On a personal note, I have gone back to school quite literally. For the past year, I have been taking classes at South Seattle Community College's viticulture program. It's intense. Most days I wonder how the hell I am going to study while working a full time job and creating the WineTrails series! But I must say, the enology and viticulture classes have really helped me understand the wine industry hugely. That new knowledge coupled with honing my writing and photography skills helped immeasurably in creating WineTrails of Idaho. At only $16.95, this is a guidebook that I hope Idahoans will embrace! To order call 1-800-533-6165 or simply shoot me an email. We'll add it to the shopping cart on the website soon as well...
- WineTrails of WA -- 2nd Edition to printer!
- Brian Cantwell Nails Washington Wine Country
- Beyond Tuscany's Hilltop Towns
- Does anyone know where to buy Croatian wine?
- WineTrails of Washington App Ready for Android
- Wine Notes for your listening pleasure
- Shoot, here I thought I'd live forever
- Washington App Nears Launch
- What is the WineTrails guy doing?
- 2011 Sun Valley Wine Auction Gets Big Boost
- Register to get free newsletter!
- Amy Mumma at URBAN Enoteca -- Save the Date!
- 2012 Italy Tour Itinerary and Cost
- Good time at Coyotes in Caldwell!
- Walla Walla -- The App!
- Wine Country goes URBAN
- Sign up for Newsletter
- An Open Letter to Washington State Wineries
- Woodinville Revisited
- Happy Holidays to All!
- E.B. Foote For Sale
- Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Urban Enoteca
- WineTrails Gift Basket -- Sound Easy?
- Walla Walla Revisited
- WineTrails of Walla Walla is Here!
- Wines of the World
- WineTrails Gift Baskets on the Horizon
- Hat's off to Evening Mag!
- Hey, Did You Know...
- Evening Magazine Appearance -- Wed, Oct 13, 7 pm
- WineTrails of Walla Walla -- This Baby is Kicking
- Yakima Valley Here I Come Again!
- Italy Still On My Mind
- On to Yakima Valley
- Italian Wine Touring - Get to Know the Whole Family
- Goodbye Italy..Ciao Ciao
- Mas de la Lionne - Paradise Found
- Europe ... here we come!
- Facebook Video
- Weird Tasting Rooms
- Bend Newspaper Highlights WT of Oregon
- Back from Savor Idaho
- Camaraderie Cellars Bound!
- Working on Walla Walla Book--Furiously!
- New Website -- What do you Think?
- See you at Taste Washington 2010!
- Working on Walla Walla!
- WineTrails of Idaho -- At The Press!
- A Thief in Woodinville: Boycott Fortunato's
- I'm Getting Hitched!
- I am off to PNBA! What's PNBA? you ask -- posted 9/6/2009
- WineTrails of Idaho -- I've Seen the Cover!
- I Woke Up in Chelan!
- WineTrails of Idaho -- Completing the Trilogy
- WineTrails of Oregon - Houston we have lift off!
- WineTrails of Oregon -- Ready for shipment (almost)
- WineTrails of Oregon Goes Into Labor!
- I am head down working on Oregon book!
- Rogue Valley Wine Country -- 100 degees and Delicious!