Working on Walla Walla!
March 14, 2010I am alive -- I know that I have been amazingly absent but trust me, I have never been busier.
Fortunately Kathleen is still with me despite that fact that I have been buried at school (the South Seattle Community College's Wines of the World Class is a barn burner) and my day job at Wells Fargo Insurance Services is all-consuming. However, my main focus these days is on the creation of WineTrails of Walla Walla.
Yep, I am hard at it working on a guidebook focusing on the town that so nice they named it twice. With over 100 wineries and plenty of great restaurants and places to stay, Walla Walla has become a major destination for wine touring. Who knew! Just 20 years ago this sleepy town was known for sweet onions and prison guards. Well, times have changed mon amis.
This book will go beyond the tasting room to highlight 25 great things to do besides swirling and tasting. For such a small town, Walla Walla presents dozens of surprises -- cultural events, museums, outdoor activities...you name it. It's a big little city and that story needs to be told. What's more, there are a dozen restaurants that compete favorably with Seattle and Portland's finest. To help me on this aspect of the book, I have enlisted the talents of Alan Ayers (picture taking wiz-kid) and Faye Tomlinson (a foodie with a food science degree to boot) to capture Walla Walla's culinary treasures.
It's a sprint, but the goal is to get the book published by October -- stay tuned!
- Book Signing at Garfield Books --PLU
- WineTrails of WA -- 2nd Edition to printer!
- Brian Cantwell Nails Washington Wine Country
- Beyond Tuscany's Hilltop Towns
- Does anyone know where to buy Croatian wine?
- WineTrails of Washington App Ready for Android
- Wine Notes for your listening pleasure
- Shoot, here I thought I'd live forever
- Washington App Nears Launch
- What is the WineTrails guy doing?
- 2011 Sun Valley Wine Auction Gets Big Boost
- Register to get free newsletter!
- Amy Mumma at URBAN Enoteca -- Save the Date!
- 2012 Italy Tour Itinerary and Cost
- Good time at Coyotes in Caldwell!
- Walla Walla -- The App!
- Wine Country goes URBAN
- Sign up for Newsletter
- An Open Letter to Washington State Wineries
- Woodinville Revisited
- Happy Holidays to All!
- E.B. Foote For Sale
- Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Urban Enoteca
- WineTrails Gift Basket -- Sound Easy?
- Walla Walla Revisited
- WineTrails of Walla Walla is Here!
- Wines of the World
- WineTrails Gift Baskets on the Horizon
- Hat's off to Evening Mag!
- Hey, Did You Know...
- Evening Magazine Appearance -- Wed, Oct 13, 7 pm
- WineTrails of Walla Walla -- This Baby is Kicking
- Yakima Valley Here I Come Again!
- Italy Still On My Mind
- On to Yakima Valley
- Italian Wine Touring - Get to Know the Whole Family
- Goodbye Italy..Ciao Ciao
- Mas de la Lionne - Paradise Found
- Europe ... here we come!
- Facebook Video
- Weird Tasting Rooms
- Bend Newspaper Highlights WT of Oregon
- Back from Savor Idaho
- Camaraderie Cellars Bound!
- Working on Walla Walla Book--Furiously!
- New Website -- What do you Think?
- See you at Taste Washington 2010!
- Working on Walla Walla!
- WineTrails of Idaho -- At The Press!
- A Thief in Woodinville: Boycott Fortunato's
- I'm Getting Hitched!
- I am off to PNBA! What's PNBA? you ask -- posted 9/6/2009
- WineTrails of Idaho -- I've Seen the Cover!
- I Woke Up in Chelan!
- WineTrails of Idaho -- Completing the Trilogy
- WineTrails of Oregon - Houston we have lift off!
- WineTrails of Oregon -- Ready for shipment (almost)
- WineTrails of Oregon Goes Into Labor!
- I am head down working on Oregon book!
- Rogue Valley Wine Country -- 100 degees and Delicious!